The first step of our adoption process is to complete our adoption form.
Once we have received your completed form, one of our rehoming co-ordinators will contact you to discuss your situation and arrange a home check.
After your home check has been completed, we may suggest a suitable dog for you or we will contact you when a suitable dog becomes available. If you already have a dog in mind please feel free to discuss their suitability with us. When a dog has been selected we will arrange for you and your family to meet the dog.
If all goes well you will be required to fill in and sign our adoption agreement stating the legal conditions of adopting a dog from South West GSD Rescue. Our adoption/donation fees vary according to the dog’s age, pedigree and health; and are used to provide transport, basic care, feeding and veterinary treatment for the many dogs who need our help. It is non refundable.
In general we do not re-home in the following situations:
- To anyone under the age of 18 years in any situation.
- Where a dog is going to be left for more than 4-5 hours on a daily basis.
- Where there are children of a young age, unless the family has previous GSD experience.
- Where the dog will be housed outside rather than in the house.
- South West GSD Rescue is not in a financial position to be able to spay/neuter every dog. If at the time of adoption the dog hasn’t been spayed/neutered, you will be required to sign an agreement to have the procedure carried out as soon as feasibly possible by a qualified veterinary surgeon. You will be asked to provide evidence that the procedure has been carried out.
If you have read our adoption process and our re-homing conditions and feel that you can give a GSD a home please complete our adoption/foster form using the link below: